Workforce Development Participation Group (WDPG)
Welsh Government set up the Interim Youth Work Board (IYWB) who have worked with the sector to develop a Youth Work Strategy for Wales. The Strategy lists five aims that the IYWB intends should form the basis of its vision for the future of youth work in Wales. These aims are:
1. Young people are thriving.
2. Youth work is accessible and inclusive.
3. Voluntary and paid professional youth work staff are supported throughout their careers to improve their practice.
4. Youth work is valued and understood.
5. A sustainable model for youth work delivery.
In order to ensure that the Strategy becomes more than simply words on paper the IYWB has now established four Strategy Participation Groups (SPGs) to take forward the work required to deliver on the Strategy’s key commitments and aims.
ETS Wales is leading on the group to take forward Strategy Aim 3 and has set up the Workforce Development Participation Group (WDPG).
What are the WDPG’s priorities?
In order of importance these are:
- Mapping and researching the workforce
- Developing the Professional learning offer
- Recruitment and retention
- Promoting youth work as a profession / career
WDPG documents coming soon:
Terms of Reference
Workplan [External link]